Friday, December 26, 2008

Beijing: Part Three

Day three and we are at the Great Wall! It was really awesome, really beautiful, but really windy, really cold, and REALLY steep! I consider myself an athletic person and I was struggling...so I would not recommend this for those of you who are not-so-in-shape! I got some pretty neat pictures though.



Afterwards we went to visit the Ming Tombs. These were some really big temple-type tombs that were from the Ming Dynasty (1368 to 1644). Here is Emperor Ming and some other stuff we saw there!



Bible Verse of the Day
Isaiah 9:6 "
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Chinese Word of the Day
Deng 等 "wait"

No comments:

Post a Comment