Thursday, December 25, 2008

Beijing: Part One

Sorry this is such a belated post, I didn't actually have internet access until I got back, but I did blog in a word document and just copied and pasted. So here is what I wrote while I was in Beijing:


Phew! Today was loooong! I woke up at 5:45 so that I could get checked out and moved out of my dorm room by 7:00. Our flight took off at 9:15 and we arrived in Beijing by 11:35. We went straight to lunch and then toured Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. It was so vast and magnificent—and not to mention that it felt like I was in the middle of the movie Mulan.

I would like to see where Mao Zedong is buried, but I’m going to have to do that on my own… China’s Mao-soleum if you will... :D

Today, I also saw the Beijing Acrobats. This was amazing! If you are ever in Beijing, this is one show you’ve got to go see! I wasn’t allowed to take any pictures (and plus my camera was “broken”…read on to find out) so you should just look them up on Youtube. They’re pretty cool. From jumping through hoops, to spinning plates, to running on hamster wheels suspended 20 feet in the air, to the contortionist movements of their bodies this was one of my favorite shows while I’ve been in China! Definitely a must see!

Right now in Beijing it is COLD! When we landed it was -2 degrees Celsius, so that’s like 25 degrees Fahrenheit or something. So as awesome as it was to be able to tour one of the most famous places in China, we were little popsicles by dinnertime.

Good News and Bad News: Bad news first- My camera broke (Crystal dropped it!!!) as well as my brand new duffle bag! L However, this bad news turned into good news as I, Sarah la extraordinaire, easily fixed them both. I know this probably doesn’t seem like that big a deal, but I was kind of upset when these things happened, so it was a relief that I fixed them.

Well, I am exhausted. I have to get up early tomorrow too! To be continued…

Bible Verse of the Day

Philippians 4:11-12 "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances...I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation"


Chinese Word of the Day

Liu you旅游 “To tour”

No comments:

Post a Comment